Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

F I N A L L Y. . .

Its been a long time coming, but I FINALLY have a surgery date. Thank goodness for the sweet, sweet, receptionist at my Dr.'s office who is coordinating my surgery because she worked so hard to make it work with my schedule. She is very motherly and super nice and so I was excited when she called to give me the date. We talked about November but while on the phone realized that the only day options in Mid-novemeber are...my birthday or the day before T-giving since surgery days are Wednesdays. So, we opted to go for the Wed. after T-giving. Here it is: November 28th, 2012 is my date!

I feel like things have settled down a bit with less Dr.'s appointments and all of that so now I am able to start planning. The other big news is that I am contemplating running the half marathon in November. It is right before my surgery and my 32nd birthday. Perhaps running that would give me something positive to focus on as a countdown to surgery. My blogger friend Krysten at http://darwinianfail.blogspot.com/ has inspired me to follow in her footsteps and do a half marathon right before my mastectomy/reconstruction. If I cannot make the half marathon, I can at least to the 8K. I hope that it works out. I haven't decided 100% but I definitely thinking about it. What better way to prepare my body for surgery?!?

If you have thoughts, please share!!

5 comments:

  1. WOOHOO! So excited to follow along!!! Running was a good distraction for me, before Dday! So I think either distance will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krysten! I'll definitely be in touch about my training!

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog (design is so cute, by the way.) and want to say congrats on your surgery date. We can wait and wait for these things to come along, so it's such a relief when they do. In my experience, a little distraction before something like surgery is a great idea, particularly one that focuses your mind. Plus what an awesome sense of accomplishment to run a marathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Glad you found my blog! I appreciate your comment :o)

      Delete
  3. Not sure what you decided about the half, but I'm running it too! I'd love to see you!!!! I'm coming up for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete