Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Training update. 8 miles-check!

 
8 miles is the farthest that I have run. ever.  A couple years ago I ran 7.5 with a buddy while we trained for a 15K but never 8. I was pretty happy to make 8 miles happen on Saturday morning. No, I haven’t officially signed up for the 1/2 marathon, but I will. I have mentally signed up in my head. I am feeling good about my running. My long runs usually leave me feeling proud about myself and less anxious about the big 13.1 day. 8 miles was hard, but manageable. The pace was a bit slower but I know there was a reason for that. I ran two back to back days and didn’t ice my shins. So, from step #1 my shins were hurting. They hurt the entire time and I had to overcome that with every thought I could. Mind over matter. You are always stronger than you think you are when it comes to running, or cycling, or anything. So if my body is strong enough to run 13.1 miles, then it is also strong enough to handle this surgery and come out on the other side healthier. I will bounce back, I will reduce my risk of cancer drastically (from 87% to less than 5%) and I will prove to myself that I can do it. Mind over matter. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it.

1 comment:

  1. AHHHH! New territory as a runner! Doesn't it feel great! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete