Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

This is it. The week of my surgery is here.

I wish I could give credit to the person who made this up. I tweaked it a bit to make it apply to myself. I think it says it all.



Breast Cancer took its toll on my Mom, you see
And I have decided that I won’t let it get me.
I'll take this action courageous and strong
So that I can live unscathed, healthy and long.

I have children to love, I want to watch their lives unfold

And eventually precious little grandchildren to hold
I choose to not live in a place of fear
Wondering each day if my turn is near?

There's too much at stake; too much has already been taken

But my foundation's still firm, my faith never shaken
Instead I'll be proactive and choose
That I can live each day fully, not a moment to lose.

I will not waste precious time wondering "when"?

I'm rewriting my future with my own pen.
My children will not shed unnecessary tears
Or lose out on dear memories because of lost years.

I do this for them and I do this for me

I am not ashamed of my choices as you can see
My Mom would have done this if she had the chance
I choose this on my terms, I'll have the last dance.

My family and friends are with me each step of the way

There's no place for worry, I want this new day
I'm moving forward with courage, I want my children to see
That when you meet life head on, a great example you'll be.

I look forward to each day, and the new memories I'll be making

Life is so precious and it's mine for the taking.
This breast cancer stops here. There will be no more sorrow.
Only bright days ahead, hope and joy for tomorrow...

*anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment