Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Waiting is like a 1/2 marathon.

I did the 1/2 marathon and marked that off my list. After I came down off my post-race high I started to wonder, "what now?" My surgery is two weeks away and I can agree with many others who have said that waiting is the hardest part. Then I got to think about my race strategy. I shared it with Lindsey before the race. First, get to Bryan Park (hills), then get to mile 10 to see my friends, and then, finish strong. I broke it up into sections. So on that first mile I wasn't worried about mile 13, I was looking ahead to the first turn at mile 3. The same hold trues for waiting. 

I have 2 great things to look forward to before my surgery. One is T-giving with my in-laws in Charlottesville and the second thing is a get together with all of my friends (Which I so nicely am calling "The Last Hurrah for Erin's Ta-tas"). So, that is my new game plan. Focus on Thanksgiving. Focus on getting through the long lists of things to do before surgery at work and at home and focus on having fun with my friends for one fun and crazy night out on the town. Someone mentioned the other day that I seem so calm, I guess I just haven't been worrying about what is to come so much because there is a lot that needs to happen between now and then. My Last Hurrah is about 4 days pre-surgery so that only gives me a few days to freak out. I think I like this new strategy. I am going to treat this like my race. I am going to put one foot in front of the other and take one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment