Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

This is it.

This is it. The day is finally here. The day I have been looking forward to for a long time! Now that the day is finally here I can feel my nerves start to rise up a little when I think about it. I know that I am excited and all but it is still surgery. I am going to be hurting a little more first before it gets better. I think I will feel better to have the expanders out of me but I'll still feel a little sore for a few days at least. I keep hearing how easy this surgery is compared to the last and I really hope that I can agree with that when this is over!

I went back and read some of my earlier posts and it helped me regain my focus. I know this has been a hard few months and it is no secret that I didn't handle this all as I would have hoped I would. But, finally it is coming to an end and I can hopefully get back to regular life without a worry about infections, pain, another surgery, etc. I know I made the right choice and when I get a little distance from this all I know I am going to be so grateful for that choice I made. I know my children will appreciate not having to see me go through a breast cancer diagnosis. I can sleep easier knowing I did everything I could to protect them from that.

Wish me luck! By this time tomorrow I should be at home resting in my bed with my new an improved *soft* TSB's!!


2 comments:

  1. Best of luck!!! I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting in anticipation to hear how you're going...great, or just okay. It's amazing how every day is different...and then one day you just turn a corner and you almost feel like the "you" you remember! I'm finally there with these crazy expanders. I honestly can hardly wait my 5-7 weeks to get swapped out though. I'm praying for you and I KNOW your final result will beautiful...to match your insides!!!

    Hugs,
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete